- What is the nature of livestock feeds industry? What agency governs its registration?
- What is the procedure for the registration of livestock companies?
- What are the requirements for establishment of companies engaged in the livestock industry?
- What is the existing policy as to tax?
- Livestock Feeds production industry is agricultural in nature, thus, registration shall be made to the Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Animal Industry.
- Procedure for Registration:
- Upon compliance with the requirements and corresponding fees, a certification shall be issued by the Director
- Renewal of registration is made annually
- There shall be monthly periodical inspections which shall be conducted by the Director of Animal Inspections or any of its authorized representative.
3. For those manufacture of medicated feeds, there should be a licensed chemist and a veterinarian (DA- A.0.95, s.1990)
For those manufacturers of consumable feeds, there should be a licensed chemist and an animal nutritionist
4. Under BIR- Ruling 044-2014, importation of premix enzymes additives for livestock feeds under Section 109(1) (B) of the Tax Code, as amended , as exempt from value-added tax (VAT).
- P.D. 1556 LIVESTOCK AND POULTRY FEEDS ACT AS AMENDED BY P.D. No.7
- Department of Agri. - B.A.I. : A.O. No.35