The Bureau of Internal Revenue issued RMO Circular No. 87-2014 last December 5, 2014 stating all field audit and other operations of the Bureau of Internal Revenue pertaining to examinations and verification's of taxpayer’s books of accounts, records and other transactions are hereby ordered suspended.
Effective today, NO field audit, field operations or any form of business visitation in execution of letters of authority or audit notices, including written orders to audit taxpayer’s internal revenue tax liabilities, shall be concluded except:
1. Investigation of cases prescribing on or before April 15, 2015;
2. Processing and verification of estate tax returns , donor’s tax returns, capital gains tax returns, withholding tax returns and documentary stamp tax returns on the sale of real properties or shares of stocks;
3. Examination of internal revenue tax liabilities of tax payers retiring from the business;
4. Audit of National Government Agencies, Local Government Units and government owned and Controlled Corporations;
5. Monitoring of privilege stores or “tiangge”;
6. Other matters where deadlines have been imposed or under the orders of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue.
The BIR office is still open and will be used to do office work and report completion.